Springtime Air Conditioning Considerations
As the days get longer and warmer, we will all begin relying on our air conditioners more and more. Here are some tips to keep in mind this spring/summer.
Maintaining Your Air Conditioner’s Condenser (Outdoors)
The condenser is the portion of the AC unit found outside your home. Because it has been exposed to the elements throughout the fall, winter, and spring, it is important to do a few different things:
- If the condenser is covered, remove and store the cover until the end of the season.
- If there is any debris on the condenser unit’s coils, remove it. You may wish to spray the coils off with a water hose, or to vacuum up any debris.
Maintaining the Indoor Equipment
After making sure the outside part of your air conditioning unit is clean and free of debris, you’ll want to head inside to check the following:
- To make sure your air conditioner runs at peak efficiency, replace the filter both at the beginning of the season and then once each month during the summer.
- Look at the ductwork that supplies air to the rest of your home. Do any seals need to be repaired?
- Change the battery for your thermostat.
Heating and Air Conditioning Maintenance Provides Peace of Mind
A little annual maintenance at the start of the season can go a long way in making sure your heating and air conditioning are working the way they are supposed to work.
To learn more about how to maintain your comfort at home by maintaining your heating and air conditioning units, contact us today.