Pet Dander in Your HVAC System? HVAC Repair for Newnan Pet Owners
If you are a pet owner, you love your pets and wouldn’t trade them for the world. However, pet owners often have problems with allergies and with the performance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems when pet hair and dander gets into ductwork.
When pet hair and dander accumulate inside the ventilation systems, those allergens are forced out by the furnace or air conditioner and spread all over your home. Over time, this also decreases the effectiveness of your HVAC system, causing you more money in the long run.
Fortunately, there are things homeowners can do to both improve indoor air quality and improve HVAC efficiency. Check out these tips to help keep your HVAC system in tip-top shape:
1. Clean air ducts. Most experts recommend having your air ducts cleaned at least every three to five years. When you have pets, you may need to have your air ducts cleaned more regularly. Cleaning will help remove not only pet hair and dander, but also bacteria, mold and fungus that can accumulate over time.
2. Clean your furnace. Having your furnace cleaned through forced air cleaning once each year can remove buildup of pet hair and dander on the furnace motor and fan.
3. Change air filters. Change the air filter on your HVAC system every two to three months. This is critical when you have pets because pet hair and dander can easily clog filters, decreasing your system’s efficiency.
4. Make sure ducts are properly sealed. If your air ducts are not properly sealed, pet dander and other debris can build more quickly, aggravating the air quality and efficiency problems that can come with owning pets.
5. Give your pets regular baths. Bathing your pets regularly can help keep shedding in check and can send hair and dander down the drain rather than into the air.
6. Consider an air purifier. Adding an air purifier or ionization generator can markedly improve your home’s indoor air quality, helping everyone under your roof breathe easier and sleep better.
We love our pets but we also love breathing easily and comfortably. Fortunately, you do not have to sacrifice air quality or the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning systems. To learn more about ways to improve your HVAC efficiency and HVAC repair in Newnan GA, contact Hammond Services online today.