November is National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness Month and National Family Caregivers Month. Hammond Services will be donating up to $50 for every purchase of select items and repairs to the National Alzheimer’s Association via Hearts to Love. The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support, and research. Their mission is to accelerate global progress of new treatments, prevention and ultimately, a cure.
Donations support ongoing research in these specific areas:
- Peer-reviewed research grant program that has invested over $385 million in more than 2,500 scientific investigations since 1982.
- An Alzheimer’s Association International Conference® (AAIC)® that brings researchers together to report on groundbreaking studies.
- Database and analytical tools, GAAIN, the Global Alzheimer’s Association International Network, to support in-depth research efforts.
- A single publication of Scientific Research, Alzheimer’s & Dementia
- A professional society dedicated to Alzheimer’s and dementia science, Alzheimer’s Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer’s Research and Treatment (ISTAART)
- Clinical studies through Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch®, a free, easy-to-use clinical studies matching service that connects healthy volunteers, people with the disease and caregivers to current studies
- Projects showing what’s good for the heart is good for the brain. Focused on how healthy diets, staying physically active and not smoking reduce the risk of cognitive decline.
All proceeds raised during the month of November support the charity in further research efforts. Alzheimer’s disease is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States every year. Every 66 seconds someone is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. These numbers are increasing every year. Chances are, you or someone you know is affected by Alzheimer’s. Help find a cure while at the same time have your plumbing, electrical, or HVAC updated or repaired.